Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Music

 There has been an improvement in the field of health care, known as music therapy, pointed out by Elizabeth Scott in "How and Why Is Music a Good Tool for Health". Music therapy uses music to heal your body and mind. Many who are practicing music therapy, have found it helpful. The author mentioned that "music can be used to bring a more positive state of mind, helping to keep under depression and anxiety under control", I agree with this statement.
From my personal experience, when I am feeling a little under pressure or so, the first thing I do is turn music on. Music helps me take my mind off all the troubles I have. Not any music can help me relax. I would have to listen to some type of of dance music.
 I think music helps with pain management, depression and such because when music is on, the individual suddenly forget what they were thinking about and focus on the lyrics or beat of the music playing.
I believe it is a good idea, for hospitals to start using music therapy. It is not a guaranteed it will help everyone, but some people can benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment